Thursday, January 22, 2009

Domesticity-What is it and where can I get some?


Domesticity
 
I must confess.  I like a really good cleaning tool.  My very favorite was my iRoomba robot vacuum. LOVED IT! Shut the door and let it go! It goes under the beds and clears out the dust bunnies and socks. But alas! It quit on me. (I am saving up $$ for another if you would like to contribute to the cause).
  I have had to resort to the old upright vacuum. And just before Christmas, the motor made a really loud ruckus and gave up the ghost. And that same day the mop handle broke. So I had to go shopping.  Of course, the vacuum I really wanted was only $500.  The next vacuum that caught my eye was $75 which worried me.  Was the low price indicative of low performance? The third vacuum was a bagless. I really didn't want a bagless; I heard stinky stories about them. But I thought I would try it.  At the very least it was love at first sight, I could always return it.
 I am here to report that I love it! And I love to vacuum and see the carpets come clean. I'd forgotten what clean carpets looked like! Apparently the old upright was not doing its job. The motor on the new vacuum is strong and sweeps the younger kids along with it.  But they like to see the dirt whirl around inside. 

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I LOVED my bagless but now LOVE my central vac more. YIPPEE!!!! The things that float my boat these days. How was the SCC meeting last night? Sorry I couldn't make it. Pneumonia and 2 broken ribs will do that to ya. Did I get 'nominated' to do something since I wasn't there to defend myself? Hmmmmm.....like let's see.....let's have Sherry clean the school during the summer while Roger is on vacation. :)