I planted Albion strawberries at the beginning of April. Albion produces in spring, taper off then come on again August thru October.
In my 3'x5' row, I stagger-planted the strawberries. I use a drip system that I bought @ Wal-Mart. The whole set-up came in one box. I planted with the roots covered and only the crown showed above ground. I dug the hole deep enough so the roots can stretch down.
Runners show a lack of water and need to be removed to allow more berries to produce. Berries should be picked 3-4 times a week.
I use black plastic around the plants; it keeps the plants warm and weed free. I plant the strawberries, put a drip system near the plants then lay the plastic down. I put dirt around the edges of the plastic.
When the leaves turn yellow, use a trimmer to cut the plants down.
No comments:
Post a Comment