Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Sunday~not always a day of rest

We had a busy Sabbath, starting at 8 AM. 

First, our nephew, Colton, spoke in church. He's going to the Tallahassee, Florida mission, the same one our neighbor, Jake is in. Colton's mission president is from Delta so they know each other. Colton took almost thirty minutes and did a good job.

Next, we went to the Chappell's and ate dinner with family. I was recovering from some sort of flu and didn't sample ANY of the delicious desserts. But the pasta salad did taste good and I ate a bunch of that.

All of hubby's brothers were together so we thought we'd better capture that moment.


On the way home, hubby was kind enough to pull over so I could take pictures of wild sunflowers (he knows me soooo well). Junior had to jump out and water the sunflowers. Nice.

Third, as soon as we got home hubby, Dimples and I went to the neighbor's. Their son gave a talk we heard was excellent. No notes, nothing. He came back from a mission in Germany.

Last, hubby and I went to our ward's court of honor. Forrest got his eagle!! If you knew what the leaders and his grandparents went through to get him to this day you'd know why I'm using exclamaiton points!! Good kid. His scout leader and grandma get loads of blessings for getting Forrest to this point, not only in Scouting but in his life. 

We got home around 8 PM...zzzzz



No comments: